To run a successful business, you must understand customer needs, preferences and purchasing trends. You need to know what’s available in the market, what’s selling well, and what your competitors are up to. Yes, that’s right- you need to gather intelligence and analyze it to propose smart business strategies.
Business Intelligence (BI) and Analytics enable businesses and organizations to make the right business decisions through analysis of data. BI is a technology-driven process for analyzing data and presenting actionable information to help corporate executives, business managers and other end users make more informed business decisions. BI encompasses a wide variety of tools, applications and methodologies that enable organizations to collect data from internal systems and external sources, prepare it for analysis, develop and run queries against the data, and create reports, dashboards and data visualizations to make the analytical results available to corporate decision makers as well as operational workers.
The objective of this course is for the students to achieve a profound understanding of BI systems in terms of its tools, current practices and impacts. It will introduce the participants to the concepts of BI and Data Analytics. The students will acquire knowledge on how to design BI solutions for different BI targets and users. The course will be hands on and will be extremely practical, with both classroom and lab sessions.
At the end of the program the participants will:
- Get a basic understanding of BI and Analytics.
- Understand the value for BI for businesses.
- Understand the difference between BI and related concepts.
- Develop the ability to model business data using BI tools.
- Use BI tools for analysis and visualization.
- Use BI tools for organizational and individual decision making.
- Learn future trends of BI.
Requirements for Award of Certificates
- Attendance – All 30 Hours.
- A score of 50 or above at the final exam.